Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Waiting

I just had to fit in one more blog post for June.

Here I sit at the Center, waiting for the Sysco truck to arrive.  "Why are you over there at 6:00 in the morning?" you might be tempted to ask.  Well, this post will answer this question, which is clearly one of the most pressing questions of all time.

Our story begins several months ago, when our dear Sysco driver (toward whom I harbor no ill-will, ha ha ha) started coming at about 7:30 AM instead of 8:30 or 9:00 AM.  Well, being the extraordinarily wonderful person that I am, I started coming over earlier to meet him so I could write him a check.  And yet, I always seemed to miss him somehow.  After months of playing a losing game of tag, last month I thought, "Oh dash, I'll go over there at 6:30 and then I can't miss him."  I did.  He'd already been there when I got there.  HE CAME AT 5:FREAKING30!  As you can see, I've gotten over this completely.

Anyway, long story shor... um, long, I came over even earlier today and he hasn't been here.  I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the possibility that he'll show up at 9:00, but it's not working.  The very thought makes me feel slightly homicidal.

(Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)

1 comment:

Annette said...

Ok, that's funny!

I WAS wondering why you were awake at 7:00! ☺