First things first: I've been a bad, bad blogger. I went an entire month without posting. In my defense though, I pretty much missed that month in my 'real' life too. I still can't believe it's already August. It's like the whole world is playing a cruel joke on me and pretending that the summer is almost over, when really it's the third week in June. Stupid world.
Very well then, moving on... I've discovered something interesting about the whole process of building a house: you get very excited about really small things. Or at least I do (and I'm admittedly a poor yardstick for normal). Today, for example, I got doorknobs in the mail - well, door levers to be precise - and it was pretty much the highlight of my week. Rationally, I realize that they're only a small part of a much larger project, but it still makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere. My other big moment this week was getting a light fixture on Wednesday, but that was somewhat tempered by the fact they only sent one and I'd ordered two.
So yeah, those are the momentous events in my life right now. That ought to make you glad I haven't been blogging.
(Roxette)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes! I get excited about door knobs, but I'm not even close to that part of the process yet! ::sobs::.
I'm excited for you though. ☺
Post a Comment