I am not one of those people.
In fact, if you know me, you probably already know that my reaction to stress is precisely the opposite. My brain has developed a unique method of ensuring stress doesn't kill me: it forgets everything. Oh sure, I'll say I can do something and mean it, but in a few hours, it's gone to wherever memories go to die. Chances are you've experienced this phenomenon if you've asked me to do something, for which I'm somewhat sorry (but not profoundly). It's quite likely that some frustrated person will kill me long before stress does.
We're now to the part of my post where I tell you that I don't really have a point. The impetus behind this post is that we're going grocery shopping tomorrow, and since I've been feeling a little stressed lately, I have this gnawing feeling that I'm forgetting something vitally important. I just love that feeling. So I'll try to forget about it and post some pictures of the progress on my new domain. ;)
Since the last time I posted pictures of the house (in which post I used the phrase "and call it good" about six thousand times), I've made some significant changes to my plan. For starters, I'm moving the 'kitchen'.
This, you may remember, is where the counter that comprised my 'kitchen' was. As you can clearly see, it's no longer there. That rather large hole in the wall is what happens when you've had a long day and you just don't give a rat's ass anymore. (There needed to be a hole there at some point so I can remove the pipes; I just chose the Sledgehammer Method of sheetrock removal.)
This is the room that will become the kitchen. The fridge has always been in this room, so it just seemed to make sense to turn the whole room into a kitchen and make the hallway less congested.
The second major alteration to my plan is that I will actually be getting carpet. So we've spent the last week removing the old vinyl tile that was underneath the 'crapet' (carpet is too nice a term to apply to what was in this house), only to be told that we probably didn't actually need to do so. That was a really great moment. You'll notice in the next two pictures the naked floor, covered only in a thin layer of glue. Incidentally, that glue is still sticky, even after the billion years that have passed since it was applied.
And here are the re-finished closets and the painted wood paneling in my bedroom. I've picked out the style of trim that I want, but I haven't managed to get any yet. It can be difficult getting supplies when you live several hundred miles from a home improvement store.
Finally, after we removed the toilet and Crystal pulled up the linoleum in the bathroom, we discovered this:
If only you could smell it through your computer screen. It's really a very lovely scent. You can also see the damaged walls by the tub. The bathroom may very well need more work than I originally thought. Yippee for that.
Anyway, I think I've chuntered on enough at this point, so I guess I'll call that good. ;)
(Keane)

1 comment:
So maybe you won't be moving in before we do...☺
Good luck on the bathroom! Ha ha.
Post a Comment