Thursday, August 04, 2011

Whispers in Blindness

Ah, so here I am again.  I feel like a relapsed Catholic at confession: "Blogger, forgive me, for I have sinned: it has been five months and thirteen days since my last post."  Fortunately, there aren't any admonitions in the Bible against neglecting one's blog.

In the many moons that have passed since I last graced you all with my online presence, absolutely nothing has happened in my life.  Either that or I can't remember any of it.  For my sake, I fervently hope it's the latter.  So rather than regale you with fascinating stories of my many adventures, I will whine.  Hey, I have to stick with what I know.

Here it is after midnight; Cinderella is crying in the garden beside her smashed pumpkin-coach, and I'm sitting at my computer in the office (in the basement of the center) because it is the only place I can access the internet.  Sadly, I seem to have developed somewhat of a dependency on the internet; if only there were others out there who suffer from the same affliction so I wouldn't have to go through this alone.  Anyway, my unique addiction aside, it would seem that the rather incredible display of thunder and lightning this afternoon has fried some of the networking equipment, rendering the internet inaccessible in most of the community.  Strangely enough, my heretofore-fantastic house has lost some of its attraction, albeit temporarily.  The trick in this situation is to accurately discern when the desire to sleep outweighs the desire to surf the 'net.  I suspect that the time shall be soon upon us, as my eyelids are beginning to droop ever-so-slightly.  Perhaps more telling is that this post appears to have lost the tenuous grasp it had on a point.  Oh well.  If I only posted my musings when they had a point, this blog would be even more bare than it already is.

While I'm on a roll, perhaps I should write the opening sentence for my next post: "Blogger, forgive me..."

(Ace of Base)

1 comment:

BethanyLaRue said...

ha ha I'm glad you posted!! :)