Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Money Money Money

Must be funny in a rich man's world.  Yeah, that's right, I have ABBA in my head.  If you get easily bored by rambling, I highly recommend you stop reading.  In fact, you should probably just not ever check this blog again.

Okay, now that we've got the pleasantries out of the way, on to the main thrust of my post - aka the reason I have ABBA in my head.  As Annette mentioned on her blog (likely the portal through which you traveled to reach this storied destination), Sharon and I went to Salt Lake this past Sunday.  Sharon had to pick up some costumes for some event, and I had to drive the 15-passenger van for her (an interesting experience in itself, but that's another topic).  Really, I just wanted the extra time with the niece and nephew, who are possibly the sweetest and cutest kids on the planet.  Me, biased?  Pshaw.

Where was I?  Oh, right.  Somewhere in that long rambling paragraph was supposed to be a segue into a story about us going to Home Depot.  To heck with that.  So we went to the Home Depot.  Since CareNetAidEl are embarking on a path toward the American Dream and we're all quite excited about it, we went to look at flooring and tile.  The first thing I learned through this experience (re-learned actually, since I've been aware of it for some time) is that I have unrealistic aspirations.  I want caviar on a processed-imitation-cheese budget.  (Metaphorically, of course, because I don't actually want caviar.  Ewwwwww.)  But the second lesson made me feel better because it turns out I don't necessarily need these things for myself.  (I said, "Necessarily."  Obviously I want them!)  For now though, I'm perfectly happy to live vicariously through my dear sister, whose tastes are usually quite similar to mine.  And I'm seriously excited. :-)

Just an aside, I am aware I use the word 'rambling' quite often to describe my posts.  I'm also aware that this word is an accurate description of my posts.  So you don't need to tell me. ;-)

(ABBA)

4 comments:

Crystal Elaine said...

lol....I love your posts. I follow where you're going. Oh wait maybe you should be concerned.....humm...hi. Where was I? I got lost. :)

jhami said...

I just discovered your blog ; how terrific!

Annette said...

Ummm hello! It's your blog, you're supposed to ramble and say whatever the heck you want! ;o) Or did I miss the memo?

TheBakerHalfDozen said...

I have the same cavier tastes with a similar processed-cheese budget ;) And it doesn't get better with time...