Monday, April 12, 2010

All Good Things Come to an End

And my stay in Maricopa is no exception.  Alex and I will be leaving at around 7:00 tomorrow morning.  Or at least that's the plan.  Since the earliest that we've been waking up is about 9:00, there is a slight possibility that we might get out of here a little bit later than that.  Only time will tell.  (Anyone else have Nelson in their head now?)  Whatever the time we leave, I expect that my blog posts will experience a precipitous decline in frequency after tonight.  Once I resume my regularly-scheduled programming, there is little likelihood of three posts in a month, let alone a day.

Stop cheering, jerk.

Last night, my cousin Titus took Alex and me out to dinner and a movie.  (He says we're cheap dates.)  Dinner was fantastic.  He took us to YC's Mongolian Grill, and the food was fan... excellent.  It's a sort of "build your own stir-fry" place, where you take whatever vegetables and meats you want, pile them as high as you possibly can into a bowl, create your own sauce from the various ingredients, hand it to the cooks, and they fry it right there in front of you in a matter of minutes.  Very delicious and probably pretty healthful, at least until you add in an ice cream cone for dessert.  Also, as I discovered, very hot.  After they put your food back into the bowl, it steams about as much as the cooling tower on a nuclear power plant.  Even after the steam seems to have mostly dissipated, every bite releases more heat trapped in the food.  It's very important to sufficiently cool off each forkful (or chopstick-full, depending on how adventurous you are) before putting it in your mouth, or the resulting burns on your tongue and the roof of your mouth will hurt like a mofo for at least the next day (I can't yet say when the pain goes away).  But the food was still worth it.

Anyhoo, after dinner we watched "Clash of the Titans", a remake of some old movie I've never seen, so I didn't get any of the references made to it.  While somewhat entertaining, it's not a movie I'm likely to ever watch again.  The most amusing part was the post-movie analysis from Titus and Alex.  As you might expect from a 90-minute action film, the "plot" was - shall we say - less than developed.  Plus there were some moments that were just plain unbelievable, even for a film about mythological Greek gods.  But since this isn't really a movie review (2 stars; A "can-miss!"), that's all I have to say about that. (Yay, lame Forrest Gump reference!)

And that's it: my final post from Maricopa.  Unless of course I write another one at 1:00 in the morning, or wake up early and need something to do.  But most likely, it's the last one.  So, I bid you adieu until next time, which will probably be May.

STOP THAT!

(Nelly Furtado & Chris Martin)

1 comment:

Annette said...

So how is your burned mouth today. Bwahahah.
NOOOO! Say it ain't so. Come back, keep writing! ☺

Do you feel loved yet?

Oh.
Only after the rain you'll see the sun appear to light the way.

and

Do I, do I love you baaaaby. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, mooore than eeevah.